Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App

woodm01 21:05 12 Jun 2017

If I change my Microsoft Account password, the Windows 10 Mail app still continues to send/receive e-mails and does not prompt me to enter the changed password.

Anybody else experienced this with Window 10 Mail? Is there any way of forcing Windows 10 Mail to prompt you for the password if you change it via MS Account?

Secret-Squirrel 12:24 13 Jun 2017

If I change my Microsoft Account password, the Windows 10 Mail app still continues to send/receive e-mails and does not prompt me to enter the changed password.

That's normal behaviour and can't be changed. Your email password is linked to your Windows password, so when you logon, Mail is authenticated using that password.

I see from a previous post that you're worried if your computer was stolen they'd have access to your emails. They wouldn't however know your Windows password so they couldn't access Mail. If you have a portable device and you're worried about it being stolen while it's switched on then you could enable sleep to come on after a while of inactivity. Resuming from sleep also requires a password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Quel est le meilleur iPad (pour la plupart des gens) ?