Microsoft Outlook

justpassinthrough 00:22 13 Nov 2003

I have Microsoft Office 2000 Premium. I am Installing the discs onto my new computer, and I have everything loaded, BUT, "outlook" will not load up.It seems that the file [D:\PFiles\MSoffice\office\RTFHTML.DLL is not accessable, it asks me if this file exists and if I can access it. Well it seems I can't, I've even tried downloading it from my old computer as it still has the program installed, but it only has a floppy to use for the data transfer and this seems to be lacking. The reason for all this (just to get Outlook installed) is that I want to install a particular anti-spam program that only runs through Outlook.For information: My old system has a 166MMX chip, running windows ME(yes I know, antiques road show) and my new system has a Pentium 4 2.66GHZ running windows XP a slight difference!.So, if there is any way I can download just Outlook on its own from the net or otherwise purloin it I would be most grateful for the information. My e-mail address has changed to: bacarooda @onetel.com Any help on this problem would be most appreciated, thanks.

VoG II 00:27 13 Nov 2003

Do you nhave the trial version of Office XP installed? If so, remove that first then install Office 2000.

justpassinthrough 18:32 13 Nov 2003

Thanks for your suggestion "VOG", but no I have the full Home edition of XP which my new PC came loaded with. I did think that the Microsoft Office 2000 installation disc was dammaged or just dirty but it looks OK and I have cleaned it.
So i'm still a bit stuck. Any further suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?