Microsoft Office XP problems since Win 10 update

toogie 18:40 31 May 2018

Following a recent Win 10 update my Microsoft Office XP crashes when I carry out certain tasks eg. inserting conditional formatting or including formulas. I have tried repairing and even reinstalling from my XP disk but each attempt to carry out such tasks results in the spreadsheet "crashing out" Any advice would be appreciated.

Pine Man 18:46 31 May 2018

I think the only advice guaranteed to make Office work on Windows 10 is to upgrade it.

Office XP is not supported and the only thing that might help is using compatibility mode.

Archie44 18:56 31 May 2018

the only thing i can suggest is too have look here for a free word processing software you may have to uninstall xp version

hope this helps

MJS WARLORD 19:15 31 May 2018

open the mircosoft office folder in you list of programs , does your version have something called diagnosis tool , if it does , run it.

I use libre office package on one of my pc's and it is almost identical to any version of office packages.

toogie 19:52 31 May 2018

Thanks guys. I assume that Microsoft Ofice 2016 is ok in Win 10 and that my current spreadsheets would open and integrate with it!

Pine Man 14:56 02 Jun 2018

I assume that Microsoft Ofice 2016 is ok in Win 10 and that my current spreadsheets would open and integrate with it!

Certainly should.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?