Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft

bpzoom 23:50 02 Nov 2018

I receive frequent suggestions from Microsoft that I purchase Office 365. I do not want it. I have a licensed paid for version of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 with a license or key number and use it on one PC. The messages from Microsoft imply that functions of my Office 2010 will be deactivated if I do not comply. Has anyone else had this from Microsoft?

difarn 00:04 03 Nov 2018

This is the message from Microsoft

"Support for Office 2010 Service Pack 1 ended on Oct. 14, 2014. But with Service Pack 2 installed, you'll find this version still has a long extended support period ahead, with end-of-support dates that are nine months after those of Windows 7.

Mainstream support ends: No longer supported

Extended support ends: Oct. 13, 2020."

If you are using Windows 10 you can stop the notifications

click here

bpzoom 14:27 04 Nov 2018

Very many thanks! I deleted the App and it has not come back again. I can appreciate why Microsoft no longer wish to support Office 2010, but it does all I want it to do and I am sticking with it.

difarn 16:05 04 Nov 2018

You're welcome. I agree with your comments.

Forum Editor 22:17 05 Nov 2018

"it does all I want it to do and I am sticking with it."

Quite understandable, as long as you realise that at the end of the extended support phase there will be no further security fixes for new vulnerabilities.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France