Microsoft Money & Windows Explorer 6

brambles 16:08 30 Jul 2015

Having just installed Windows 10 I was concerned & disappointed when I then tried to open Microsoft Money. It says 'Microsoft Money requires Windows Explorer 6 to function properly - please reinstall this component. Any ideas please? Brambles

LeahBaker 23:24 04 Aug 2015

I received the same message.

compumac 09:33 05 Aug 2015

Disappointed if Win 10 cannot read Microsoft Money as I have been using it for years and have not taken to any substitutes. Will watch this post with great interest.

Pine Man 11:13 05 Aug 2015

Why not download Internet Explorer 6 then, and see what happens?

click here

compumac 12:15 05 Aug 2015

Thinking about this post makes you realise that Microsoft have not covered for all eventualities in respect of integration of older Microsoft software such as Microsoft Money. I have for a long time looked at alternatives to Money and have not been enamoured with any of them and if you search for similar posts in respect of Money you will appreciate the large numbers of people still using the product. To have to download Explorer 6 to compensate is to my mind is a non starter as Money obviously is functional in ones existing setup. It is a further reason not to upgrade to Win 10 until all of the problems coming to light (as here) are resolved.

compumac 12:16 05 Aug 2015

Thinking about this post makes you realise that Microsoft have not covered for all eventualities in respect of integration of older Microsoft software such as Microsoft Money. I have for a long time looked at alternatives to Money and have not been enamoured with any of them and if you search for similar posts in respect of Money you will appreciate the large numbers of people still using the product. To have to download Explorer 6 to compensate is to my mind is a non starter as Money obviously is functional in ones existing setup. It is a further reason not to upgrade to Win 10 until all of the problems coming to light (as here) are resolved.

compumac 12:17 05 Aug 2015

Sorry for duplication. There was a statement displayed that there had been a website error, albeit it did take the post.

northumbria61 12:38 05 Aug 2015

compumac - yes, I have been getting website errors for past half hour, seems to be okay now.

BRYNIT 17:26 05 Aug 2015

After a little search I have found a solution that worked for me you need to do a slight change in the registry.

Run Regedit and go to [HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer] and change the version to 9.11.10240.0 (originally: 9.11.10240.16384)

compumac 18:15 05 Aug 2015

BRYNIT That is in Win 10?

How long have you had that in use?

brambles 18:32 05 Aug 2015

Brynit pipped me I was ready to post this from Microsoft Money Forum Open Regedit Navigate to the following key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer In the right pane look for the Version registry value Modify the value to 9.11.10240.0 Save and Exit

Note: Default value is 9.11.10240.16384

I won't be opening Regedit without close supervision but it would appear this is the workround. Thank you all for responding to my initial query.

If there is anybody who wants Microsoft Money more than Windows 10 you can revert to your original Windows 7/8 etc. providing you do it within a month. Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Women creative grads – this is how you fix the industry

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Comment diminuer le buffering sur Kodi ?