Microsoft Edge Locked with call instructions

potablewater 22:22 24 Jun 2017

Looking at email newsmagazine article (to net) full screen warning comes up saying PC locked, warning all personal data off loading...gives contact number for microsoft help (not the right #). pop up window asking for windows log on info (didn't do this). Only Edge is affected, PC not locked, can go to Chrome and is fine. Restarted PC and opened browser and still there. Seems to be Edge but I have set PC to Google default, not Edge. Have Norton - no infection, downloaded and ran Microsoft anti malware tool - found nothing. What can I do to get rid of this?

Secret-Squirrel 09:11 25 Jun 2017

You're not infected with anything. All you're seeing is a scary webpage that keeps reappearing - probably because Edge has been set to re-open "previous pages" every time it's launched. Try this:

Make sure Edge has been closed (use Task Manager if you can't do it the normal way) then disconnect your computer's Internet connection. Re-open Edge and hopefully that page will be unable to load and you can then close its tab. If it does reappear then press the CTRL+F5 keys to refresh the page.

lotvic 12:56 25 Jun 2017

to add to above - I'd also clear the browsing history.

Govan1x 13:13 25 Jun 2017

If none of the other options work maybe give Adw Cleaner a run to see if it finds any problems.

Click Here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?