Microsoft Contact Problems yet again!

morddwyd 12:46 20 Nov 2018

Once again locked out of Skype with a large amount of credit unavailable.

Somehow my whole MS account is corrupt and I cannot sign in.

All the normal password reset features result in a security code being sent. However, somehow the enail address has become corrupt and ends in ".c" not ".com" which is where the codes are sent and I can't access them.

An attempt to use the "edit address" feature results in "This address has already been edited"! impasse

The helpline only gives a menu which a'ways loops back to "reset password", as does any attempt at on line help.

I need Number or an email address that somebody will answer. I suspect it only needs a simple reset operation.

Forum Editor 22:27 17 Dec 2018

Perhaps you should thank me when something actually happens.

morddwyd 09:30 18 Dec 2018

Certainly not.

Regardless of outcome you have already gone to some trouble on my behalf!

morddwyd 09:17 21 Dec 2018

Update

I have a what looks to be a comprehensive response from the Executive Office Escalation Team.

It will take me a bit of concentration to work through it but will find a quiet time over weekend, but thought you would like to know I've had a response.

morddwyd 09:13 31 Dec 2018

Success!

After several false starts, wrong turns, blind alleys and multiple emails I have today logged in from several devices and two platforms.

Thanks very much for your assistance, and please thank your PR contacts for their help.

Forum Editor 11:01 01 Jan 2019

Excellent news, and thanks for the update. I'll certainly pass your thanks on to the Microsoft PR team.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?