Microsoft Contact Problems yet again!

morddwyd 12:46 20 Nov 2018

Once again locked out of Skype with a large amount of credit unavailable.

Somehow my whole MS account is corrupt and I cannot sign in.

All the normal password reset features result in a security code being sent. However, somehow the enail address has become corrupt and ends in ".c" not ".com" which is where the codes are sent and I can't access them.

An attempt to use the "edit address" feature results in "This address has already been edited"! impasse

The helpline only gives a menu which a'ways loops back to "reset password", as does any attempt at on line help.

I need Number or an email address that somebody will answer. I suspect it only needs a simple reset operation.

morddwyd 09:11 14 Dec 2018

Update

Well the CEO ploy didn't work.

Basically told me that if I couldn't access my account I should open a new one!

I've done that of course but that doesn't help me recover £50 Odd credit which I have in the inaccessible account.

Is there a regulator for MS, Ofcom perhaps?

Seems a lot of palaver just to get a usable password reset procedure, but I can't afford to lose £50, and even if I could, why should I?

Forum Editor 15:34 14 Dec 2018

I'm going to see if I can do something about this via the Microsoft PR team. No promises, but let's see.

Forum Editor 15:44 14 Dec 2018

I have emailed the team, and will update you as and when I hear from them.

morddwyd 19:35 14 Dec 2018

Thanks FE.

I can pass you a case number if they need it.

Forum Editor 22:39 14 Dec 2018

Microsoft have responded rapidly, and a member of the Skype engineering team is going to look into this on your behalf.

Please email me ([email protected]) with your name and contact details (email address and telephone number) together with the Skype ID involved. The case number would also be very helpful. It goes without saying that none of that information should be published here.

morddwyd 09:23 15 Dec 2018

Thanks FE.

I have just (10 minutes) received an email from MS promising contact within 1 BD.

In view of this I will, with your agreement, hold fire on contact details.

Thanks for you help and support.

Forum Editor 15:22 15 Dec 2018

Please update me as soon as you can - Microsoft's PR team response to me was fast and helpful, and I would like to keep them informed.

morddwyd 19:24 15 Dec 2018

I take your point and have emailed you.

Forum Editor 17:55 17 Dec 2018

Thank you for your email, I passed your contact details to the Microsoft PR team, and they came back to me within an hour to say that your case is receiving immediate attention.

Fingers crossed!

morddwyd 19:34 17 Dec 2018

Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique