Microsoft Contact Problems yet again!

morddwyd 12:46 20 Nov 2018

Once again locked out of Skype with a large amount of credit unavailable.

Somehow my whole MS account is corrupt and I cannot sign in.

All the normal password reset features result in a security code being sent. However, somehow the enail address has become corrupt and ends in ".c" not ".com" which is where the codes are sent and I can't access them.

An attempt to use the "edit address" feature results in "This address has already been edited"! impasse

The helpline only gives a menu which a'ways loops back to "reset password", as does any attempt at on line help.

I need Number or an email address that somebody will answer. I suspect it only needs a simple reset operation.

lotvic 12:22 02 Dec 2018

morddywd, rdave gave a link to 'Recover your Microsoft Account'

click here

Which gives a link to and the instructions and tips to help fill out the online form 'Recover your account'

click here

morddwyd 18:48 02 Dec 2018

Thank you.

Really thought we.d cracked it that time.

Got the code, used a new password and even got the confirmation message that the reset had been successful, but as soon as I logged in with the new password back to square one - "Webhave sent a verification code to Yanoo ..."

I'll give it a day or so and try again but I'm not too hopeful

morddwyd 20:53 05 Dec 2018

You won't believe this, I don't myself, but I've just had an email from MS saying they have recovered my "**@yanoo.com" account! Yes, that's right, the non existent one!

lotvic 23:09 05 Dec 2018

Not sure what's going on, but be careful, there is email addy of @yanoo, seems it's part of Oath, Yahoo is now part of ‘Oath’. I found click here Yanoo.com is a web project, reported to include adult material or age-restricted areas, so you need to be cautious when using it. We found that English is the preferred language on Yanoo pages...

I got an email from Yahoo a few months ago:

Yahoo is now part of ‘Oath’, a dynamic house of technology and media brands, including AOL, HuffPost, BUILD, TechCrunch, Tumblr and Makers, as well as a member of the Verizon family of companies...... Best regards,

Oath (EMEA) Limited (formerly known as Yahoo! EMEA Limited)

>

bumpkin 00:19 06 Dec 2018

morddwyd, you need to realize that this is the 21st century and we have modern technology to make things easier for us. No longer expect to just pick up a phone and someone human answers it and helps you when machines can do it if you have the patience to go round and round in cicles ad infinitum. If you really want to speak to a human then you must be prepared to listen to a load of dreadful music for half an hour before being disconnected.

morddwyd 09:19 09 Dec 2018

rdave

As you may be aware from other posts, it is becoming an increasing problem on line, possibly, probably, because of the ever increasing activity of hackers, spammers and scammers and measures put in place to thwart them.

I find captchs a particular problem (not in this particular case).

Never mind, I still have my fall back of the Chairman's email address, though no good in my Sainsbury saga as Mike Coupe will not move his position (and refuses to discuss the matter further!).

Forum Editor 10:01 09 Dec 2018

"Yahoo is now part of ‘Oath’."

Things move fast.....

On 1st January 2019, Oath will cease to exist. The business is being renamed as 'Verizon Media Group'.

BT 10:04 09 Dec 2018

If you really want to speak to a human then you must be prepared to listen to a load of dreadful music for half an hour before being disconnected.

A little trick that sometimes works on those calls that keep asking for button pushes is to press something that they don't ask for say 0 or #. I know that on Virgin if you press 0 you get put through almost straight away to a UK operator. Believe it or not Virgin actually tell you this on their Forums and Facebook page.

morddwyd 18:15 09 Dec 2018

you must be prepared to listen to a load of dreadful music for half an hou

Been there, done that, for much longer than an hour.

Look at the small print - it's not Yahoo that MS keep sending my codes to, but Yanoo, and there ain't no such animal!

morddwyd 09:11 14 Dec 2018

Update

Well the CEO ploy didn't work.

Basically told me that if I couldn't access my account I should open a new one!

I've done that of course but that doesn't help me recover £50 Odd credit which I have in the inaccessible account.

Is there a regulator for MS, Ofcom perhaps?

Seems a lot of palaver just to get a usable password reset procedure, but I can't afford to lose £50, and even if I could, why should I?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Women creative grads – this is how you fix the industry

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Comment diminuer le buffering sur Kodi ?