Microsoft Contact Problems yet again!

morddwyd 12:46 20 Nov 2018

Once again locked out of Skype with a large amount of credit unavailable.

Somehow my whole MS account is corrupt and I cannot sign in.

All the normal password reset features result in a security code being sent. However, somehow the enail address has become corrupt and ends in ".c" not ".com" which is where the codes are sent and I can't access them.

An attempt to use the "edit address" feature results in "This address has already been edited"! impasse

The helpline only gives a menu which a'ways loops back to "reset password", as does any attempt at on line help.

I need Number or an email address that somebody will answer. I suspect it only needs a simple reset operation.

csqwared 20:14 20 Nov 2018

morddwyd

You could start here:-

MS Contact

At first glance it seems you might be able to talk to someone. Not tried it myself though.

morddwyd 10:12 21 Nov 2018

Thank you.

That site is for Microsoft Edge. Not sute what ir is, but I've never used it.

rdave13 15:32 21 Nov 2018

According to this site it's (0)344 800 2400 .

morddwyd 19:34 21 Nov 2018

Thanks. That's the one that connects to a looping options menu which invariably leads to a verification code being sent to a corrupt email address to which I don't have access.

difarn 19:22 22 Nov 2018

Have you tried clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of the customer services page? You then get a 'virtual agent' and you can type your problem into the box.

click here

morddwyd 11:59 23 Nov 2018

Thanks that leads to the "Download the free help app" page.

I surely don't have to download a special app to ring/email Microsoft?

rdave13 15:28 23 Nov 2018

There's a disability answer desk 0800 026 0584 from here if you scroll down. If you use the Skype link on that site it leads to this link . Might be better trying the phone number for Windows and Office accessibility support ? I'm out of ideas now.

rdave13 15:41 23 Nov 2018

Except the number for ROI here ?

morddwyd 19:16 23 Nov 2018

Thanks. I'll give it a try, though I'll wait for a business day.

rdave13 22:57 23 Nov 2018

Good luck. That's all I can say. Microsoft's name should be changed to Microdon't giveadamnaboutcustomers dot commie.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch