Microsoft Account Query Help Required

andrea10163 10:40 28 Apr 2018

Hi. I have a Dell laptop with windows 10 as my own personal computer. When I started new job I was given an Asus windows 10 laptop (brand new) as my work computer. Setting up seemed simple enough and it asked me to set up with Microsoft Account. I have noticed that my personal emails and pictures etc keep popping up on my work laptop. I believe that this laptop may also have been "ghosted" and I am concerned that my own personal details from my own laptop are being watched. Is it possible to change my work laptop settings without losing any of the work information including work emails which is microsoft exchange. Thanks.

Jollyjohn 11:19 28 Apr 2018

I would set up a new microsoft aoount and use that for your work laptop. Add the account to the laptop, set up work eMail address and check it works before deleting personal accont from works laptop. If you Google "Change Microsoft account on pc" there are lots of easy to follow answers.

andrea10163 18:42 28 Apr 2018

Thanks for your help. I will see what I can do without losing information. :-)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?