Microsoft Access Problem

Poloman69 14:09 15 Sep 2003

I am building a database to show operator errors being run monthly. I am using a tick box with the yes/no arguement to select each error an operator makes on a daily basis.

On my report i want it to show the total number of each error (there are 5 errors which can be selected) that each advisor makes on a monthly basis, and a total number of each error that is made over the whole department.

How can i set the report to show this?

Example:

Say the errors are getting the customers Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone Number and Occupation wrong.

Using the tick box with the yes/no arguement i can select each time the error is made, yet i want it to show how many times on a monthly basis, that each operator made that mistake.

Then on a second report, to show how many times in a month a customers name was spelt wrong (over the whole department with 20 advisors in the department)

Can anyone help ??????????????

Taff36 14:22 15 Sep 2003

Could I suggest that the tick box alone is perhaps not the best method. Use a date box (or a Month and Year) as well. Then you can get the report to sort on the tick box then error and by date (Month)

Poloman69 19:40 15 Sep 2003

I already have the date/month function sorted, it is just the problem of what coding i need to build in my expression to calculate the total errors i need that is the problem.

I have seen in report examples that they build expressions into them to calculate selected types, but i do not know how to find the total selected using the tick box function (which i do need to use to create the data for the report)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?