Microphone - Loudspeaker

phil2816 20:40 23 Jan 2006

Hey i have a microphone with a headset (ie. speaker headphones)i use it to talk to people on skype. sometimes i want to hear people the the pc's main speakers (not the headset) how do i do that?!hope some1 can help thanks a lot PHIL!

[email protected] 21:15 23 Jan 2006

MIC's on headsets are designed to be close to your mouth, so the headset will have to stay on your head [but not your ears] or the MIC held close to your mouth. Just unplug the Headset jack but not the MIC jack but be warned - you will probably degrade quality by sending what comes out of your speakers back to the other end via your MIC - the well known echo...

phil2816 18:28 24 Jan 2006

sorry didnt understand any of that...my headphones are USB ones..sorry shud of said that the first time!?hope this helps cheers

PaulB2005 18:34 24 Jan 2006

The main problem [email protected] is trying to explain is that you will almost certainly suffer bad feedback or echoing. The fact you use a headset keeps the signal from the ear-piece away from the Mic. Using speakers will result in feedback as the speaker output gets picked up by the Mic and run round to the speakers again.

[email protected] also assumed you had a separate jack for the Mic and headphones.

[email protected] 11:40 26 Jan 2006

Yup - that's what I assumed PaulB2005, thanks for pointing that out. I have no experience of USB connected headsets so I assume they automatically disable the speakers when connected, as you would expect. Perhaps this situation could be changed manually in Speaker Properties in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Device Properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)