Microphone is just static, no voice

Boomatrick 11:44 01 May 2018

Hey i just built my new pc today, and i cant really make sense of it not willing to take an older model headset i had from my old pc. It is the steelseries Siberia v2. It works fine on my old pc and when i connect it to my new pc with windows 10, it just doesnt pick up any sound, and if it does it is just static or me shouting into it where my friends can barely make out what i am saying (the rest of the people in my town can hear it though.)

I have tried changing the volume and booster stuff in the recording tab of windows and it just makes it even harder for the mic to pick up on my voice.

I tried rolling back my driver doesnt help, i have tried reinstalling, doesnt help, i cant help but think it is a problem with my motherboard or my software

wee eddie 11:51 01 May 2018

Sounds like the Mic is the wrong impedance for your system

Boomatrick 17:45 01 May 2018

So a new mic is the best way to solve the problem? Maybe a mic that isnt connected to my headset? (Blue yeti and shit like that?)

wee eddie 19:19 01 May 2018

If the Mic part of a Headset.

That's different. You need to plug it into a combined socket

Boomatrick 20:14 01 May 2018

But it has 2 3.5 mm jacks, so i cant really but them both into one port, i just plug them in normally

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?