Micro-stuttering/stuttering in all video games

Daniel Marian Cîrjeu 01:06 26 Sep 2018

Hello guys!

I have something I have no idea how to fix. In nearly all video games (an exception being the visual novels and such) I encounter this micro-stuttering issue. To see what I am talking about, I recorded a few days ago some gameplay on Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and there you can see exactly what I get while playing most video games (link below at the end of the topic). In the second I get stuttering, the fps suddenly drops a lot and after the stuttering it recovers back to where it was before. (for ex. in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, let's say 160, to 90, then back to 160 / just an example ) So it doesn't matter if I have V-Sync on or not. RAMs can't be the issue because some days ago I changed them (x2 4gb) with other RAMs (x2 4gb) (initially bought to have 16gb, but seeing the issue is still there, I took out the old ones). While having the new RAMs (put in different slots than the other ones), I have a LIL bit less micro-stuttering, but less FPS overall.

What else can I say? I tried a lot of stuff. Scanned for viruses, scanned for malware, defragged, scanned the HDDs, updated all drivers, scanned the old RAMs, cleaned PC for dust, made sure every cable is checked and put right and not loose and checked for Windows Updates.

I've run out of ideas, so I'm open to any suggestion. Looking forward to them, thanks guys!

Below are the Specs and the link to the YouTube video I recorded:

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor RAM 8.0 GB / 16.0 GB DRR3 Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit HDD 1TB HDD 4TB (where all games are installed) SSD 111GB (windows) Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-970-Gaming

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)