*.mhe file suffix reader or converter

scales 16:33 01 Aug 2018

Hi, just looking through some old document folders and all of the suffixes are appended with .mhe, ie. notes.doc.mhe. I have tried opening them in Open Office but just get weird characters displayed. I have no idea how they got this suffix and I am looking for something to convert them back to simple .doc files. Any idea how to convert them or just read them. Thanks.

bremner 17:02 01 Aug 2018

What happens if you delete the .mhe then try and open

scales 17:32 01 Aug 2018

The same result, it just looks like unformatted ascii characters. I have had a look on line for suggestions but nothing jumps out apart from a thought about it being some intermediate stage whilst migrating from one laptop to another. I no longer have the laptops so can't check what software was used to backup and copy.

Bris 19:33 01 Aug 2018

see the "how to convert" box here. Not looking good!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)