Message supposedly from Microsoft saying my comput

sheriff120 13:24 17 Nov 2016

Last week I started getting these messages on my computer saying my computer was infected. They were supposedly from Microsoft. I knew they were bogus. I ran a scan on my computer and, found that a service called FILEFINDER that I had used, installed the malware or whatever it's called. I ran the CLEAN button and, the infection was supposed to be eliminated. But, I'm still getting these irritating messages. I have to restart my computer each time the message appears. What can I do to get rid of this garbage? Thanks!

wee eddie 13:39 17 Nov 2016

CCleaner and Malwarebytes is a starter for one.

If these do not clear it, there are more powerful programs available but most require a greater, in depth, knowledge of what you are trying to do

Archonar 13:42 17 Nov 2016

Possibly try running the scan again to see if another remove cycle will get rid of it. There are a variety of tools you can use so possibly try another one. This is a very good article to read, and gives you a lot of options that you can use. I would recommend you copy any vital data to a usb drive so that it is safe just in case.

If none of them work you may need to reset the pc, do you know if you have any system restore points from before the issue that you could revert to?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 17 Nov 2016

ADWcleaner free from malwarebytes may also work

The Kestrel 19:06 17 Nov 2016

You could request help from Malwarebytes support click here Scroll to the bottom of the page for the button to contact them for help.

The Kestrel 19:11 17 Nov 2016

Sorry previous link doesn't seem to work. Try this one click here and click home support which takes you to the page I mentioned in the above post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Pharrell's favourite new illustrator Daniel Egneus on making dreamlike fashion art

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?