Message Rules in Outlook Express

Ringley 19:59 27 Jan 2005

Could you please advise how I can set Message Rules to prevent e-mails that contain Cc from being downloaded as I only want to receive mail which is addressed to me directly and not with any carbon copies. I have tried to create a folder and got to New Mail rules, then ticked the box 'Where the Cc line contains people'. In the next section I ticked 'Move to a specified folder'. The third section then highlighted 'contains people' and 'specified folder'. When I clicked on these I was only able to use the address book and got no further.

Please can anybody help

Ivor_Monkey 20:04 27 Jan 2005

I think in outlook that rule may only work when setting up forwarding rules. BUt I amy be wrong.

Alternatively, why not try mailwasher. You can then set al sorts of rules. Use google to find and download.

VoG II 20:13 27 Jan 2005
  Jackcoms 20:16 27 Jan 2005

In the third section ('contains people') click on 'contains people'.

You should be offered a box at the top left to type in a name of your own choice.

Type the first part of your e-mail address in this box. That is, if your e-mail address is [email protected], type in joebloggs and click the 'Add' button.

The 'specified folder' should be the Deleted Items folder.

GaT7 20:17 27 Jan 2005

Even if you could (& do) set up such a rule, you will have to (at some stage), go into your webmail accounts & delete the messages that were sent to you via CC - unless, of course, your ISP(s) gives you unlimited email storage space. G

Ringley 20:37 27 Jan 2005

Many thanks for the prompt replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?