MESH drivers ...They are not on the Windows CD!

Mr. Chips 13:52 21 Feb 2006

Hi there,

I have purchased the 'cheapo' Mesh (The Matrix EL value model) ..... and very good it is too.

The problem is that I had to re-load windows after a C: drive format ..... (not Mesh's fault).

I then found out that they put the drivers on the C: drive, not on the XP CD which is otherwise specially tailored for Mesh computers.

(I had assumed that the drivers would be on the CD ... silly me!

Does anyone have a similar Mesh model who can, if I send them a blank DVD, copy the fiules on to it for me.

I have contacted Mesh twice via there web-ste contact form for these drivers, which are not available on their web-site, but there seems to be some delay in them providing them.

Any help here would be great because I am running with inappropriate drivers (and lots of '?'s) in the device driver section at the moment.

Regards, and thanks in advance.

Stuartli 13:58 21 Feb 2006

Do you know the make and model of the mobo?

If so check on the manufacturer's website for the drivers.

If someone can send you the drivers, then a blank CD-R would be better - they might not have a DVD rewriter...:-)

keef66 14:06 21 Feb 2006

Are you sure they aren't on a utilities disk or on a separate partition on the HDD? Mine isn't a Mesh, but the motherboard chipset and some graphics driver files and are located on a small partition labelled D:\, and some other stuff is on a drivers and utilities CD. This has allowed me to format C:\ several times and find all the drivers when reinstalling everything. I think D:\ also contains an image of the C:\drive to restore it to factory condition, if only I knew how. Manufacturer went bust.

Stuartli 14:07 21 Feb 2006

Depending on which Value model you have (click here) then you would appear to need drivers for a NVidia nForce 410 chipset.

But make sure first...:-)

These should be available at the click here website.

IPA 14:10 21 Feb 2006

If you have registered your PC with Mesh on line then you can access details of all components fitted and download drivers . If the drivers are not available from the Mesh site you will stll see a list and links to the manufacturers where you can get the latest versions.

Mr. Chips 14:50 21 Feb 2006

Keef66.
You are correct, they probably were on the d: partition, but I stupidly cleared the partitions before reformatting the whole drive. I thought I knew what I was doing ... a little knowledge is truely a dangerous thing!

Stuartli.
I have followed the links you suggested and have the .exe file downloaded, for what I think is the correct drivers.

I assume put this .exe file into a 'drivers' directory in my C: drive.
When run, does it expand into a number of seperate drivers?
If so, I assume that I delete the question marked drivers in the device handler and wait for the system to ask for the location of the required drivers, when re-starting XP.

I am sorry to be such a wimp, but I have screwed-up once, and am not so happy at going in feet first this time round.
regards, and thanks again

Mr. Chips 14:53 21 Feb 2006

Sorry IPA, our posts have 'crossed'.
I did try getting into Mesh for the drivers, but I didn't see anything that was 'black and white' enough for me to risk downloading stuff. I felt very uncomfortable doing anything with my knowledge level.
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?