Memory needed for line-in to soundcard

Peverelli 20:23 27 Oct 2003

I moved my PC into a different room over the weekend. I disconnected and reconnected all of the cables etc. and it seemed to be running fine. I most often use the PC for multitrack recording and soon came to realise that I couldn't record any sound through the line-in or mic sockets on the soundcard. Tried different cables and different audio sources but absolutely no sound was getting through. I tried all sorts of tweaks and eventually uninstalled/reinstalled the soundcard and associated programs, but still no joy. Frustrated, I turned to the manual and, slowly, the lights came on inside my head. Now, I thought I was "reasonably" competent when it came to sound on a PC but I had managed to put the cables into the soundcard in the reverse order! (Line-in into line-out etc.) So if anyone can point me into the direction of a memory booster, feel free to do so ;O)

Moral of the story is: Before doing something major & tearing your hair out - check the simple and obvious things first!

TOPCAT® 20:53 27 Oct 2003

No pun intended, but if it helps ....??

A simple mistake like that can happen to the best of us, and I'll be the first to admit it! :o) TC.

Peverelli 21:05 27 Oct 2003

Must be the Westcountry air, TC ;O)

woodchip 21:17 27 Oct 2003

I started a thread only the other day on this very subject. Starting Like "before starting a thread do not panic", like looking for lost car keys. Now what was I doing last?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?