memory install

grizzley 18:12 07 Sep 2008

Can someone tell how to find,the first slot containing 256mb memory. I have install 512mb extra memory on my Ei system 4416 notebook, I would like to install another 512mb memory, but do not know where port 1 is. when I installed the latest upgrade,I put it in a spare port,but am not sure where other port is, could it be to the right, where something is covered by a black cover, no other areas available in the memory bay.

any advice would be appreciated.

woodchip 18:20 07 Sep 2008

All memory slots on a Desktop are together, on a Laptop one may be hidden inside the Laptop and one under a Plate that you can update

woodchip 18:21 07 Sep 2008

some like my HP Laptop only have one slot

wee eddie 18:36 07 Sep 2008

the Memory slot is hinged with space for 2 sticks/cards.

All you need to do is to, gently, move/rotate the top stick from the horizontal to the vertical. This makes both slots visible, one behind the other.

grizzley 19:52 07 Sep 2008

When I installed my newest memory. I tried to pull up the slot,but would not budge,will try again,and see,if not, I will look under the black cover,to the right of slot two.

Demora 20:15 07 Sep 2008

If you know the Brand of the PC sometimes you can find the diagram of the insides of the pc. This helps a great deal before pulling anything out.

I had a Laptop where one memory chip was easy to get at but the other involved major surgery under the keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

Best Mac video editors

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts