Memory card not recognized

Creditman 21:30 23 May 2005

Ref.my previous thread, problem is still unsolved. Memory card containing images is attached to card reader on USB cable,but computer tells me to insert disc into E Drive. According to my computer the E drive is working properly. When I look at Properties of the DCIM folder no files or folders show up & sometimes another message says "E drive not accessible. Parameter is inaccurate". I have tried using different USB ports - no good. But when I took the cable, card reader & card into Dixons, it all worked fine on their pc.I also tried to copy a photo from My Pictures to the E Drive, but the message was "cannot copy.....the parameter is incorrect". Until about a month ago I did not have this problem ! I have run out of ideas - can anyone help please ? Thanks.

pj123 21:36 23 May 2005

Give us a link to the previous thread?

Technotiger 21:46 23 May 2005

Hi, how many diff type of cards will your reader handle - if several, then try Drive H or Drive I
depending on how many other Drives CDROM etc that you have.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:48 23 May 2005

or - try connecting camera to usb and download pics direct from camera.

Creditman 22:01 23 May 2005

Previous thread - "Cannot upload imaged from memory card" May 15. Card reader only takes the SD card & I have no other drive to try it on. Yes, I can upload direct from camera but this is not so convenient.

VoG II 22:04 23 May 2005

A click here link would help as we cannot get back that far.

Technotiger 22:10 23 May 2005

Me again - maybe this is what you need?

click here

Technotiger 22:12 23 May 2005
  Creditman 22:29 23 May 2005

Thanks Technotiger - how do you create that link ?

Technotiger 22:34 23 May 2005

to create link - open your previous Thread - then Highlight url address and then go to Edit and click on Copy. Then return to this Thread and in this box - right-click and click on Paste.

Then when you Post response the url will show up as a blue click-here.

Cheeers.

Technotiger 22:36 23 May 2005

ps have a go yourself within this Thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?