Memory

peterryan33 18:39 18 Mar 2006

Hi,

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but just need a quick answer. I have a pc (e machines 160 with an initial memory of 128mb of SD Ram. I have in the past installed additional memory but ironically, I can't remember how much. Can someone please tell me an easy way to find out how much memory my machine has. (more than I have it would seem). Also if I decide to purchase additional memory for this machine does anybody have any good recomendations on where to purchase it from.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peter.

eedcam 18:45 18 Mar 2006

Try right click on my computer then properties should show you there

peterryan33 18:49 18 Mar 2006

Thanks for that. Still think i will want to purchase extra memory and would appreciate a good supplier.

Thanks

Totally-braindead 18:51 18 Mar 2006

The best click here and you can use the scan my system thing to tell you what you have and what you can take.

spuds 19:58 18 Mar 2006

You could also download and run Belarc click here or SIW, they show what your computer contains.

recap 19:59 18 Mar 2006

Go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, this will show you how much memory you have plus a host of other information.

spuds 20:03 18 Mar 2006

SIW free download click here A great litle programme.

Methedrine 11:33 19 Mar 2006

As Totally-braindead says, use Crucial's website to determine the exact memory you need. Then go to Ebuyer to purchase the same Crucial memory. I did this when buying 1GB of RAM for my laptop. I saved £40.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?