Medion Laptop MD 982000

anniesboy68 15:42 06 Apr 2009

Is there anyone that has this laptop that can help me, please. Have just used a programme, [will not name it] and it has wiped the Drive D contents which includes the recovery system.

anniesboy68 17:37 06 Apr 2009

Thanks all for your input and trying to help. This is getting far too complicated for me.If I cannot find a Medion user with the folders [two I believe] I will go cap in hand to Medion "help line" and if no joy there purchase a Vista Home o/s disk. You can get these on e bay. Then there will be no problems should the system fail.

BRYNIT 17:46 06 Apr 2009

If you have the two disks one will have application & support CD on it. This is the one that recovers from the recovery files on you D and puts the computer back to how you got the computer when purchased. It will also have the drivers/programs on.

The other disk may say Product recovery CD-ROM it may also say Windows Vista on it. This will have the version of Windows Vista required for your laptop.

If you boot from this disk it will allow you to do a clean install of Windows Vista.

woodchip 18:06 06 Apr 2009

You can use and get {Program to unformat undelete a Partition. The info is still there do not format or anything other than try one of the above programs. One Program is called TestDisk click here

woodchip 18:10 06 Apr 2009

I used the above program on My Medion Laptop that lost D:\ after downloading and updating the MS Software Removal tool. And got it back, I never now allow that update near my Computers

anniesboy68 18:26 06 Apr 2009

BRYNIT....es I have both those disks....are you positive regarding "The other disk may say Product recovery CD-ROM it may also say Windows Vista on it. This will have the version of Windows Vista required for your laptop."

If you boot from this disk it will allow you to do a clean install of Windows Vist

rickf 18:36 06 Apr 2009

Follow Brynit's advise. I had to do this before in a Medion comp and it restores to factory setting w/o a prob.Wood chip's advise is also right. In any case you can always reinstall Vista from one of the disks. Just follow the instructions once it boots up.

BRYNIT 18:49 06 Apr 2009

Medion Computers usually have the OS on one disk mine does.

Booting from this disk will allow you to install Vista as a new install. It usually takes a while for Vista to go to the option menu. Try it it will not install Vista until you go through the option. If you do a clean install it you will have to download all updates this can take a while.

A good web site for help with Medion computer click here you will have to log in/create an account to get help.

anniesboy68 20:01 06 Apr 2009

All sorted now, thanks all for contributions.

anniesboy68 20:03 06 Apr 2009

All sorted now thanks, all....AB68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)