Hot Topics

Medion e4242 screen lights up, but blank

tumble220 17:08 10 Jul 2020

Hi. I have a medion Akoya E4242. It was recently dropped, and although it still turns on and the screen lights up, nothing is showing on the screen. Ive tried turning it on and pressing F11, but still a blank screen. Any ideas if it could be the screen, hard drive or something else?. Thanks in advance. Regards, gary.

wee eddie 20:36 10 Jul 2020

Was it turned "ON" when it fell?

The one Google picked for me had an SSD, so you may be lucky there.

Is there any visible damage and was it connected to a Power Sup[ply at the time?

Check that the RAM is still tight and the battery is in place, also that the connection to the screen is still connected

tumble220 20:45 10 Jul 2020

Hi. Its a friends of mine and im sure he said it was on when dropped, but not connected to the mains. Ive checked the connections etc and they all seem fine. The lights which show the power is on and the light that shows when the "caps lock" works, so im guessing it is booting okay. Ive just ordered a mini HDMI cable, so i can connect it to the tv, to seeif it is the screen. Regards, Gary.

wee eddie 21:54 10 Jul 2020

Good Luck: The RAM should be fairly easy to check but it's unlikely to have come loose as they're usually clipped in.

The Screen's Ribbon Cable may have come loose

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft to release Surface Duo on 10 September, starting at US$1,399

Landscape Illustration tips from leading illustrators

How Apple Camp at Home can entertain your kids this summer

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs