Media Player Uninstall

StevieB77 22:25 10 Feb 2003

I want to completely remove Windows Media Player from my computer but it doesn’t show up in the Add/Remove list. Does anyone know the best way of going about it – or any way?

jazzypop 22:35 10 Feb 2003

Which version of WMP?

And why?

Simon_P 22:36 10 Feb 2003

I dont think that it is possible to uninstall M Player as it is a part of Windows.

StevieB77 22:44 10 Feb 2003

It is Media Player 9. I want to install it so I can reinstall it in the hope that it might solve the problem I am having with it. When I try and connect to the Internet through WMP9 it just says ‘Forbidden’ – Access denied by access control list. I have tried reinstalling AOL but it still won’t work, I have no idea if this way will.

VoG™ 23:00 10 Feb 2003

In Control Panel/Add+Remove programs you will find it under add or remove windows components (left hand pane).

Before you do this, are you sure that it is not a firewall that is blocking it?

jazzypop 23:02 10 Feb 2003

I doubt whether uninstalling WMP9 will help - this problem has been around since at least WMP7 - see click here

I suspect that it is an AOL issue. Due to the way in which AOL works, it's IP addresses can change very swiftly in a short space of time, then settle down again. Try again later.

StevieB77 23:06 10 Feb 2003

Thanks for the info - you have saved me wasting my time reinstalling it.

Stuartli 02:03 11 Feb 2003

WMP can be installed separately from Windows - most people do it this way. You may be confusing XP with other MS operating systems.

It is listed in Add/Remove Programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?