Malwarebytes suddenly not working in Windows 7

  Andanotherthing 10:54 29 Mar 2010

After no problems at all, suddenly Malwarebytes is taking ages in the quick scan mode and never finishes but 'hangs' with a black square where it should appear. It has then to be closed by Task Manager as it won't respond. Updates download fine. Has a Windows update altered something? Have tried uninstalling with Revo and re-installing - just the same. Anyone else having problems? Thanks

  The Bard 11:10 29 Mar 2010

Strange, it works OK in my Windows 7 64 bit. You could try re-installing again or, if that doesn't work, look for conflicts. Good programme!

  sunnystaines 11:22 29 Mar 2010

ok here on w7 32 bit, there was a database update today did you get that.

  Andanotherthing 13:02 30 Mar 2010

Thanks for all the suggestions - have uninstalled and then installed the new version -however - it is still taking forever on the quick scan and whilst its icon appears on the Windows 7 taskbar, clicking on it does not cause it to open on screen - instead I just get a pop-up message that it is already running. Windows conflict software suggests running it in XP (pack2) - (not even 3) xompatability mode so there is something not right. As I have added no new software to cause this that started about 3 weeks ago - I can only assume a windows update is to blame - weird! Thanks all.

  sunnystaines 13:37 30 Mar 2010

new version out today ver 1.45

click here

just run it on w7 all ok

  sunnystaines 13:38 30 Mar 2010

MBAM seems to run very fast on a faster processor but more sluggish on a slower laptop. 15mins compared to an hour.

  rawprawn 14:37 30 Mar 2010

Is it the paid for version or free version, if it is paid for and has real time enabled it can conflict with other security programs.

  Andanotherthing 16:14 30 Mar 2010

It's the free version - I have downloaded the new one too but it still takes ages to appear having clicked on the icon - then updates fine -but what used to take 20 mins for a quick scan now never finishes!

  Andanotherthing 19:20 30 Mar 2010

Having deleted the previous version then loaded the new, I was still getting the same problems. I checked compatibility mode and the new version had loaded in XP compatibility mode. Removing the tick and applying seems to have made the new version run ok as did the last version - before the problems - so problem is resolved - I hope - and thanks to all who offered advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Nest Hub Max review

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs