Malwarebytes scans

highside 16:41 28 Apr 2014

Whats the point? I run Malwarebytes scans (qiuck and full scans) and it finds PUP.Option malware and I elect to remove it but if I run another scan an hour later its back again? (I also have Norton) Win8.1 64bit

john bunyan 11:00 13 May 2014

Have a look here:

Linkey "virus"

highside 16:44 13 May 2014

Thanks for Link but no sign of Linkey on my computer in programmes or anywhere else, did extensive search for the name. No browser highjackings IE & Chrome are set correctly to my defaults so reluctant to change them. Having read that link I am surprised that it would get past Norton.

highside 10:01 15 May 2014

I eventually found Linkey here -

Computer\HKEYLocalMachine_Software\Linkey

Unable to delete it?

highside 07:59 18 May 2014

Ran those programs, Superantispyware finds tracking cookies, TDSSKiller showed clean but MBAM still finds the same entries. (Adware Removal Tool shows Browsers as clean)

My Browsers seem fine but in the computer registry is the following which seems to be further confused by something called Khronos and I wonder if that may be the root problem?

Path HKEY-LocalMachineSoftware_Khronus-Linkey.

IE Linkey seems to have a dotted path from Khronus? Took a chance and tried to delete Linkkey entry but could not do so. NB neither of these two are in Add/Remove Programs menu. Thanks

highside 21:35 18 May 2014

May be getting somewhere and you may think this is obvious and my excuse is that Win 8.1 is a pain and my Win7 laptops are different. What I did was right click on Malwarebytes and ran as admin then it not only found lots of Linkeys as usual but this time it really did remove them. Ran it again to make sure. So I also did a similar trick with Norton to run a full scan. Yes ran good old CC. (My win8.1 needs permissions for the tiniest thing,I cant find a way around it) Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)