Malwarebytes problem using Google Chrome

Govan1x 22:09 08 Sep 2018

Every time i open Google Chrome Malwarebytes jumps in and stops various websites some are different but this one comes up fairy often.

I open the same sites using Firefox and get no problems.

click here

rdave13 22:36 08 Sep 2018

Post an image of Malwarebytes' recent reports. If Firefox okay then it has to do with re-directing with one of Chrome's add-ons I would suspect.

Govan1x 09:51 09 Sep 2018

Disabled all the Chrome add ons and just the same.

I did Google it and it seems there has been lots of problems between Malwarebytes and Chrome for a few years.

That was one of Malwarebytes images that I posted. There are loads of them.

Govan1x 09:53 09 Sep 2018

I can stop them by turning off exploit protection on Malwarebytes but i do not want to do that.

rdave13 12:51 09 Sep 2018

I'm using Vivaldi (chrome based) and have a list of blocked websites. 15 in all. Usually clicking on a search result in Google. Otherwise have no issue. I agree not to turn exploit protection off. I'd just use Firefox for now until Chrome or Malwarebytes get an update.

Govan1x 19:00 09 Sep 2018

rdave13

Just turned the computer on and no problems found. Not got a clue as to what the fix was unless running C Cleaner maybe.

Saying that it will probably come back.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)