Hot Topics

Malwarebytes blocking regularly accessed site

AroundAgain 15:55 07 Dec 2019

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can help me as I don't know how to check this out.

A particular forum I often go to is continually being blocked by Malwarebyte for sometime. I appreciate MWB is very good and reliable but I'm wondering if, on this occasion, it could be a tad too sensitive

How do I go about checking out the site, please? I don't have a spare device to test it on and certainly don't want to be doing clean install etc if I 'catch' anything.

Any suggestions, please? The site is click here thanks

Many

x13 16:36 07 Dec 2019

I'm not sure what's going on with the site. I'm getting these warnings-

and

Might be a bad script running on it. Someone else with different security apps might also check in case mine are showing false positives.

x13 16:50 07 Dec 2019

Anyway I carried on and get this lol -

and this -

Got there and still running ok though the site is unsecured and Kaspersky has blocked a few malicious links, so beware is all I can advise. By the way (hope you don't mind me suggesting ) just right click an image and select open in a new tab if you want to see the image clearer, though I'm sure you knew that anyway.

wee eddie 16:56 07 Dec 2019

Kaspersky also says that this is a malicious link

x13 17:15 07 Dec 2019

I don't know if this helps but found a contact email but for linxtablets . com. Scrolling down gives a UK email, Link , if you think reporting the issue of the site would help.

x13 19:24 07 Dec 2019

Yes - it's all there Menzie .

AroundAgain 20:08 07 Dec 2019

Many thanks x13m wee eddie and Menzie. I appreciate your help on this, especially as you potentially put your devices at risk.

Looks like the site is well-stuffed, eh?

It has been a poorly monitored forum site so easy to suspect it's been hacked or something nasty there. It's a shame as it has been useful for specific information.

Thanks x13 for the screenshots and the link re linx tablets co uk. I seem to remember that the forum was nothing to do with the product site but might be worth an email, nevertheless.

Thanks again to you all. As always, I very much appreciate your help :)

AroundAgain 20:11 07 Dec 2019

PS x13, thanks for the suggestion re Right click / Open in new tab. It hadn't occured to me to do that re images although it's my normal habit when opening links ;)

Thanks (and no, I never mind suggestions re 'easier / convenient methods, or shortcuts' ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Ren & Stimpy returns in 'reimagined' format

Leaked iPhone 12 photos reveal mystery magnets

Bon Plan Amazon : un purificateur d’air à 59,37 € seulement