is malwarebyes giving false positives

MJS WARLORD 10:49 18 Nov 2018

I do clean installs on my pc's once a year as I believe its the best way to get rid of unwanted leftovers because some cleaning tools do more than they should without even giving you the option to stop what is going to happen.

Anyways , I have just done a full re-install of everything and Malwarebytes is challenging all sorts of things such as saying something has PUP'S etc , it then proceeds' to destroy what I was trying to install.

I am puzzled by this because I use unrun installers that I have saved to flash drives , it saves me from re-downloading all sorts of stuff and Malwarebytes has never challenged them before. It has also challenged some games installers that I use to re-install games so that I can go back into an old account.

Has anyone had the same problem , I use Kaspersky av but a few years ago when I was using Norton 360 I had the same thing happen when using some game installers , Norton would destroy installers that I knew were safe because it would say they were infected. I use to turn off 360 whilst the installer ran then turn it back on asap.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch