Malware and Trojans.

ribo 12:28 24 Jan 2005

I have downloaded and installed. Micosofts's Antispyware prog. (at present Bete version) Can someone kindly tell me if this program takes care of Trojans. Thanks J

johnnyrocker 14:09 24 Jan 2005

i believe so but best bet check with microsoft security section on their site, or failing that get spy-bot from d/load.com

johnny.

ribo 15:51 24 Jan 2005

Thank you johnny for your help. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone or one bird with two stones,something like that.
I have Spybot- didn't even know it took care of Trojans-
I have searched MSM security centre but cannot fins an anwer. Thanks. J

ChrisRLG 16:03 24 Jan 2005

Trojan Hunter Tools

Trojan Hunter from click here(30 day free trial) or a2 (has a free version) from click here

(Both have a pay for version which are recommended.)

ChrisRLG

My website click here

Member of ASAP click here

ribo 16:58 24 Jan 2005

Thank you very much ChrisRLG for your imput.
I have a²free version which I run regularly. I have Trojun Hunter,but my 30days are running out.
What I really wanted to know was-does this Micosoft Antispyware prog. cover Trojans.-
I am not sure if "Malware" covers these. Thanks.

ChrisRLG 12:15 27 Jan 2005

I cannot yet recommend the M$ anti-malware. It is still beta and beta means 'does not yet work'.
Lots of my friends in the anti-malware industry are assisting M$ in getting it right. But its not there yet.

In general there is overlap between:-

Anti-Virus to Trojan Killers to Anti-Malware programs.

At present my recommendations are in the library of my own website/forum (its new) found at click here

The library is at click here

ChrisRLG proud member of ASAP click here

ACOLYTE 12:28 27 Jan 2005

As said Ms spy ware is still beta witch is probably why i had errors with it and uninstalled it but when the tests are done and it is released i will try it again if its still free that is.

big_paul 12:50 27 Jan 2005

I have been using AdAware & Spybott for nealry a year. MS's program found some that they had missed. But then I found alink to this website.

click here

I installed the prog & it found another 11 items the previous 3 had missed. Some in particular I have had problems with in the past, which I thought I had got rid of. The only snag is, it is a scan only program.
But there is some good news, when I un-installed it, I was directed to a questionaire as to Why!
I was then offered by e-mail a 1 day licence.
If you then click on the purchase button after installing the 1 day licence you are presented with a screen, offering the product with a $10 discount at $29.99 for 1 year updates or for $49.99 3 years updates. With the £ to $ rate being in our faour this represents good value. I will definately be purchasing this item.

Paul

ribo 13:57 27 Jan 2005

Thank you very much for all your. You have given me much food for thought. Thanks. J

Graham ® 14:15 27 Jan 2005

SpywareNuker is on the list! It will 'find' false positives to induce you to buy click here

big_paul hold on to your money!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?