Make mailboxes visible in Outlook Express

[DELETED] 09:57 12 Sep 2003

I'm using Outlook Express 6 for my email.
I have created several specific inboxes under the main default Inbox which this provides and am using mail rules to sort messages into the appropriate one.
However, I now want to create a sub-folder from one of the Inbox subfolders (i.e. a sub-sub-folder). I have done this successfully and mail rules are putting messages in there.
However, each time I open OE I have to click the little + sign next the the Sub-mail box branch I want to view to make them visible. How can I make them show up automatically like the subboxes of the Inbox do?

Nosmas 10:09 12 Sep 2003

I think you will need to leave one unread message in each sub-folder. You could send yourself messages and move one to each box and mark them as unread. I had a very similar problem click here and the suggested solution by Megatyte has worked.

[DELETED] 10:46 12 Sep 2003

An option might be to have your inbox, inbox sub- folders and sub-sub folders on the Outlook Bar, (if there wasn't to many of them). At least that way, you would instantly see if there were any new messages in those folders.

[DELETED] 10:48 12 Sep 2003

"to"..... should read..... "too"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple