main phone socket device to transmit signal to ISP

  stanov 14:29 02 Apr 2010

I have been told by my ISP provider (O2) that I need a USB transmitter device to for my router which is in my bedroom to receive a signal from another device plugged into the main phone socket in my sitting room . What are these devices, where can I purchase them and how do I fit them ? All/any help would be appreciated by this 70 year old surfer.I won't use the term silver surfer as I use Grecian 2000 regularly. Thank you, Stanov.

  Terry Brown 10:39 04 Apr 2010

There are some suggestions on this page click here= , however why don't you contact O2 and ask them which transmitters are compatible with their system.

  stanov 15:33 04 Apr 2010

Terry thank you for your advice which I took up and got in touch with O2 they will supply drivers to go with their USB adaptor. Thanks also to Pineman and Bremner for their advice and help I am really grateful to you all.To reciprocate such kindness I would like to offer 2 nearly new books 'Laptops For Dummies' and 'Laptops For Dummies-Desk Reference'to anyone who could find a use for them if they were willing to pay the postage. Tommy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?