Mailwasher Query.

Meshuga 11:09 04 Aug 2006

Having just downloaded the latest version of Mailwasher Free I find that there is never anything displayed in the Status Box. When I had the previous version it would usually state either Normal or possible, even though it was not always correct. How can I get it to display what it thinks it is please? My OS is XP2sp2.

Meshuga 11:31 04 Aug 2006

Bump

FelixTCat 13:16 04 Aug 2006

Meshuga,

What do you mean by Status Box?

Regards,

Felix

rawprawn 13:44 04 Aug 2006

click here Go back to the older version, this one allows multiple accounts and works like clockwork. Don't update it.

Meshuga 15:05 04 Aug 2006

Hi Felix. Along the top of the open mailwasher window there are various headings such as Delete - Status etc. Previously in the status box it would indicate whether mail was thought to be dodgy or not. Now it does not show anything.

Meshuga 15:07 04 Aug 2006

Hi rawprawn, thanks for that. Do I need to remove the current prog or install over the top.

FelixTCat 16:09 04 Aug 2006

Meshuga,

Thanks for that. My version 5 must look a bit different.

Normally, Mailwasher has to learn whether you think mail is spam or check whether it has come through certain servers known for spam. If you check Tool - Spam Tools and Tools - Options you should be able to set up the columns you wish to display and how you want spam to be handled.

Regards,

Felix

Meshuga 16:35 04 Aug 2006

Many thanks Felix, It seems to be ok at the moment. Regards. Meshuga.

rawprawn 16:57 04 Aug 2006

You should remove the version you have before installing the one I suggested

Alan2 23:51 07 Nov 2006

Thanks for the link to the older version. I'd just installed the current one and was finding it to be rather limited when I came across this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?