Macrium Reflect question for dead pc

john bunyan 07:05 16 Jun 2018

I bought a Dell XPS 13 in April that has died - motherboard failure - and is being replaced by Dell. I cannot remove or get access to the 500gig SSD that has , in particular, a lifetime Malawarebytes Premium license and Photoshop CS5. I do have a Macrium image from a couple of weeks ago, and a recovery usb stick. The new PC will be identical. Is there a way to use Macrium to save reinstalling these programmes? If not how to deal with the lifetime licence etc as I can’t de register the dead PC although Dell will securely wipe the SSD. Very annoying as it took a week or so to set up with iTunes, wireless printing, Photoshop etc etc No worries on data as that is backed up and I use imap on email and have a desktop. Any suggestions gratefully received. New pc will be about 2 weeks or so.

john bunyan 07:37 16 Jun 2018

Re MBAM. Rdave13 has answered on my other thread - thanks. However the question on Macrium remains.

john bunyan 07:41 16 Jun 2018

PS Not sure if this is complicated by Dell’s use of bitlocker on their HD

wee eddie 10:56 16 Jun 2018

john bunyan 11:35 16 Jun 2018

rdave13

john bunyan 20:48 17 Jun 2018

Still awaiting new PC . Will try rdave13 suggestions; if I can get MBAM Premium to work and Photoshop by persuading them to allow a transfer without deregistrating , a clean install may be better if longer do do - eg it comes with built in Office Outlook 2016 Home and Business . I can reload iTunes etc. The whole thing is a wretched nuisance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 20 Pro review

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, price & specs

Comment télécharger des films sur un iPad sans utiliser iTunes ?