lsass.exe system error?

handful 21:50 15 Dec 2003

Having suffered my second xp crash in a week I have now developed a problem I haven't seen before. I started with a common message (for me)on boot up which read:-

Windows would not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
I have had this now on numerous occasions (if anyone can tell me why I would be eternally grateful)and have sometimes been successful in repairing the registry through the recovery console of XP. This time I attempted it and received the above system error (title) I eventually resorted to a repair installation of XP which appeared to be going ok until the message pops up again. Whenever I click the OK box to get rid of the message I reboot and go back to square one. Has anyone seen this before and if so could they suggest any ways of overcoming? I would be very pleased for any suggestions and will check back tomorrow as I only have limited access to this pc. Thanks

handful 13:13 17 Dec 2003

Thanks Joe but the problem wasn't so much with the '\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM ' but the fact that when I rebooted after going through a repair process that hes worked for me before, when I reboot, I then get the lsass.exe system error with an explanation as follows:- an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.
Now I am stuck as I can't eveen do a repair installation of xp without the message coming up. Is there a way of overcoming this problem???

handful 16:13 17 Dec 2003

bump!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?