Low Volts big amps and High voltage

wotsitallabout 18:44 30 Mar 2018

Sorry my post has disappeared,so I am writing again. Could some kind someone, show me a simple circuit say with a 1.5 and a 9 volt battery, to show and example of low voltage high current and the opposite. please?

I have some resistors, a multimeter and a few bits and pieces so keep it simple please. Have a good Easter everyone.

alanrwood 18:54 30 Mar 2018

It is really quite simple

Ohm's Law says that in any resistive circuit the Current in Amps (I) is directly proportional to the voltage (V) applied. The value of the resistance is the ratio of Voltage to Current

V/I = R or V=IxR

In other words in any one resistive circuit doubling voltage doubles the current.

Power is defined in Watts (W) and W = V x I so doubling the voltage from V to 2V results in Current equal to 2I thus power is 2V x 2I =4VI ie doubling the voltage results in 4 times the power.4 times the original power

octal 10:22 31 Mar 2018

I had to learn this parrot fashion when I was doing my electrical engineering.

Ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). Therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change.

Have a look at this site, it has an inter-reactive application that you can play with to see the what happens when you change each of the parameters.

wotsitallabout 20:06 12 Apr 2018

Got it now,many thanks

Best regards

wee eddie 20:37 12 Apr 2018

Do you understand the concept of Circuits that are designed to have components in Series or in Parallel

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?