Lost Windows Explorer Connection

bonsainormy 22:17 06 Oct 2008

I use windows Vista but possibly by interfering with the security settings I've lost Windows Explorer connection, this restrict access to sites requiring payment with credit cards. On occasions a message appears "No revocation certificate for this site is available".
Meanwhile using Aol, banking access / tranactions are OK.
Can anyone advise on how to restore setting to regain access to Windows Explorer please.

provider 2 22:28 06 Oct 2008

I think you mean Internet Explorer:

IE> Tools> Internet Options> Programs> If IE is not the Default Browser> Make Default

Tick Tell me if IE is not the Default Browser.

bonsainormy 09:02 07 Oct 2008

Using windows Vista,I can't use "Internet Explorer" to access cetain sites requiring payment by credit card. Often get the message "Revocation Certificate" not available for this site. Meanwhile I can access my bank a/c with AOL.
Can anyone suggest a solution please.

provider 2 12:52 07 Oct 2008

Thank you for your reply. I take it this wasn`t what you wanted.

Try this: IE 7> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced . Then scroll down to Security and untick "Check for server certificate revocation"

It is a security measure that can cause a problem if the security certificate has not been renewed. Sometimes, however, they simply forget to do so.

Scroll further down to Phishing Filter and put a dot in "Turn on automatic website checking" if it is not there already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?