Lost operating system - Windows 7/10

AntonRahbek 09:20 26 Mar 2017

Product Name: Compaq Presario CQ5207SC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need help to install an operating system on my old desktop. It didn't run Windows 10 very good so I tried to degrade it back to Windows 7. Apparently it failed, and had also somehow deleted the Windows 10 operating system. So now I'm left with no installation disc (I lost it), and no operating system. Where can I get the OS, and how? Also, how can I boot the installation from CD or flash-drive? Tell me if you need serial number, product key etc. Thanks in advance -Anton

alanrwood 10:11 26 Mar 2017

If you have a genuine product key you can download this MS Tool which allows you to download an iso of any version of Windows.

www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoftwindowsisodownloadtool.html

Download the correct iso and burn it to a DVD disk or USB stick. You can use a disk burning program such a CDBurnerXP to do this as the iso needs to be decompressed as it is burned. (You probably need to get a friend to do this for you if you if you don't have a second working computer yourself)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)