lost the link on start menu to 'my music'

User-5A2C35D3-5510-41EE-832DA0214ACACAF6 10:44 22 Oct 2003

i think i deleted the 'my music' folder on my start menu. i cannot now 'send to' my music anymore.i can only send to 'my documents'or my pictures. is there a way i can get it back. i run windows professional XP. THANKYOU.

tomleady 10:51 22 Oct 2003

right click on the start menu,
then Properties > customize > Advanced.

look for MY MUSIC, then choose "Display as link/menu"

that should do it.

Thanks. Tried that link to music was clicked. still did not appear on start menu.

Joanne_1 11:01 22 Oct 2003

Go back and untick it then click Apply, tick the box again and Apply again.

thanks that did the trick. another question, how can i get the 'my music' into the 'send to' list it only shows my documents so at the moment i have to send to my documents and then drag it into my music folder Thanks

Joanne_1 11:31 22 Oct 2003

C:\Documents and settings\user\send to

The user is your own name in that folder.
Put whatever folder you want in there.

I PUT A 'MY MUSIC' LINK IN THE 'SEND TO' MENU LIST BUT WHEN I WENT TO SEND MUSIC TO THIS FOLDER IT DID NOT WORK IT WENT TO MY DOCUMENTS AGAIN. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT ANY MUSIC, PICTURES, ETC WOULD AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE FOLDERS. HEADACHE TIME I THINK!

Joanne_1 11:45 22 Oct 2003

Did you copy the folder in there or make a shortcut, you need to copy the whole folder in there, try restarting your computer after you have done it.

i copied the folder over but it still did not work. the problem is, is that when i right click and go to 'send to link' the folder is there but it will not send my music or anything else to it.

Thankyou for your help. i managed to sort it.i used the 'create shortcut'as you suggested in the 'send to' menu - all fine now --- learn something new every day.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?