Lost 'Fine Print - Replacement?

Diemmess 10:26 05 Mar 2014

Have used Fine Print occasionally over several years and somehow lost its functionality. I cleared the remains and then failed to find what I thought was a free download to reinstall it. Found in PCA archives

Is this a freebie, limited time trial, or nearly £50 ?

wiz-king 12:20 05 Mar 2014

As in the write up - trial.

Diemmess 14:06 05 Mar 2014

Anybody?

lotvic 14:24 05 Mar 2014

wiz-king has said it is a Trial (as in the write-up) this usually means it is time limited then needs to be paid for.

or do you mean does anyone know of a free replacement?

sometimes your printer software will do similar, what printer do you have?

Diemmess 15:34 05 Mar 2014

Thanks wiz-king, and lotvic. Sorry to overlook wiz-king's comment until I had posted asking for anyone's help.

I had found the clean site the Softonic was stuffed with malware. I have little sympathy with those who want good safe software without paying. Epson SX430 with no pretensions about compiling. Most of my printing is mono-laser For the little use I make of FP, it will not be replaced. Photobox would print a couple of year's prints without equalling the cost of FP !

Unless that is....... there is a good and cheap alternative?

Woolwell 15:43 05 Mar 2014

Not sure what you mean by compiling.

Diemmess 17:12 05 Mar 2014

Woolwell:

Call it what you will, compiling won't do.

I mean let the software accept and place individual files in the best and most economical place on the paper sheet. The operator chooses the number of files per page

I can use say Photopaint to shuffle the files around and print as one sheet of A4. It works but it is slow and finicky.

Woolwell 18:34 05 Mar 2014

Sorry but are you talking about photos or documents? W7 photo print will print multiple photos on one page. But a free DTP will do a lot, if not all, of what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?