Lost Files SD Card / Mac / PC

Rachel Mifsud 12:45 02 Jan 2018

Hi - So i had loads of photos on a Samsung hard drive that I had added to it through my MAC. I went on holiday and took loads of photos on my camera and when I came back i plugged the Samsung hard drive into my laptop (windows) and moved the photos from the SD card to the Samsung hard drive. I unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back in to double check the photos were on there then deleted the pics from my SD card. I also took some photos on my iphone on holiday , so i then plugged my iphone and Samsung hard drive into the MAC and transferred the photos from the iphone on to the Samsung hard drive. The issue i noticed was that the photos I'd just transferred from the SD card weren't there. I swapped the Samsung hard drive back in to the latop to see if i could see them on there and they weren't there either. After much reading i downloaded a free file recovery program and recovered the files that id lost back to the SD card. I then plugged the SD card into the MAC but only about 100 of the 900 have recovered properly. The photos are of the temples in Cambodia, so it was a bit of a holiday of a life time, and I would love to hear from anyone who has any ideas of how to get them back,

Thanks,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 02 Jan 2018

HAve you tried running the recovery program of the HDD?

What program did you use?

Rachel Mifsud 16:50 02 Jan 2018

Hi the recovery program I tried was Recuva. How would I go about running the recovery program on the HDD?

Thanks,

amyheimbach 09:27 05 Jan 2018

Hi, you could try free RePicvid to recover photos from HDD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 05 Jan 2018

Recuva is a good program

Plug the HDD into the laptop and run recuva point it to the external drive and see what is found.

Ellinor William 05:17 30 Jan 2018

Hi Rachel, Did any of the above solution work for you? Try using Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software. I tried it recently. Worked for me.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus