lost emails are they on my server somewhere

paunch 14:43 06 Jun 2006

Have done factory restore but have lost all previous emails cannot remember how to get them back regards Frank

bosmere 16:16 06 Jun 2006

paunch if you're receiving your e-mail via Mailwasher there's a facility in there to recover deleted mail. (Tools>Statistics>Message Log>right click mail item)

bosmere 16:20 06 Jun 2006

Should also have mentioned that if you can still find the old *.dbx and *.wab folders, then you may be able to replace the new folders. If only the new folders are shown, then it probably means the old ones have been overwrtten with the restore.

paunch 13:47 07 Jun 2006

Thanks bosmere will try as you suggest regards paunch

wee eddie 14:20 07 Jun 2006

What kind of Back-up did you do before you carried out the Restoration

paunch 11:02 08 Jun 2006

hello wee eddie, can I justify the word 'none' I was being pressed by a telephone helpline operator to try to cure a different prob cheers anyway paunch

wee eddie 15:07 08 Jun 2006

Unless the Factory Restore is unusual, you will have lost every file and folder on your HDD.

It may be possible to recover some of them, but it is likely that the only way you will do so, is by using a Professional Service.

Meantime - Do NOT Save anything as it will potentially delete previously stored information.

p;3 01:20 13 Jun 2006

did you have your OE programed to leave a copy of the mails on server? and dare one ask what the problem with the computer was that required the factory restore?

and have you checked with your ISP and looked on your server to see what is there?

namtas 08:51 13 Jun 2006

System Restore does not normally cause you to lose your personal files or password. Items like documents, e-mail messages, browsing history, and the last specified password are saved when you revert to an earlier state with System Restore.

System Restore protects your personal files by not restoring any files in the My Documents folder. It also does not restore any files that use common data file name extensions, such as .doc or .xls. If you're not sure whether your personal files use common data file name extensions, and you do not want the data files to be affected by System Restore, save them in the My Documents folder.

namtas 08:53 13 Jun 2006

paunch, apologise did not read your post correctly, you did a factory restore and not a system restore. Wich withoiut a backup means you are stuffed.

namtas 08:53 13 Jun 2006

paunch, apologise did not read your post correctly, you did a factory restore and not a system restore. Wich withoiut a backup means you are stuffed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming