Lost docx item in Win 10 starter ed

petethegrate 21:29 11 Jul 2018

I have recently started using WORD in the Win 10 Starter edition. Having used a many years old previous WORD edition. Have been creating a .docx and religiously 'saving' to desktop. Before switching off I double checked that I had 'saved'. However, when opening Word and going to 'Recent .docx' message came up that no such file could be found. I understand that Word automatically saves a backup as an .asd file. Tried this route to no avail. Have been trying various suggestions from the web still to no avail. Can anyone help with a recovery suggestion and what am I doing wrong in saving the file with a suitable name on the desktop? Thanks in anticipation. Pete.

wee eddie 22:28 11 Jul 2018

Are you sure that you mean your "Desktop" and not "Documents"? Could get very crowded after a while.

Jollyjohn 10:26 12 Jul 2018

What happens if you double click on the file on the desktop?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple