Lost directory trying to gain access to old drive

Csdreamer 04:50 07 Apr 2017

Okay so I have an old laptop that was running Windows 8 and died on me. The new laptop runs Windows 10. What I was trying to do was pull the music off of my hard drive from the old laptop, but couldn't gain security access because it was password protected. I screwed up and I'll admit it. I started changing the attributes trying to make it mine, that I was the owner. For some reason something happened I'm not too sure what happened? I got deep into the security attributes I screwed up I was guessing. After accepting changing certain things all the sudden rewrote it I thought everything was good and now, gave me access to the files, but now I've lost the directory! My music and users profiles are missing. I get nothing as where it came up as like administrators users and public I have no access to that anymore, it's not even there just comes up as a like if I was in C drive without a directory. I can't find my music but in the properties the hard drive says I have 257 gigs there being used. I appreciate your input and I swear I will never do this again without consulting with an advisor and a professional but can you help me reconfigure the security settings so I can get it to rebuild the directory back or am I screwed?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:05 07 Apr 2017

Try using a recovery program like the free Recuva to restore your files

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

How to learn 3D modelling in Blender

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs jeux pour apprendre à coder