Lost Default Programs.... Help Please....

Ade_1 12:15 04 Sep 2005

Hi, i have just noticed now, that i have lost paint character map etc... i have also lost the .exe files for BT internet - i use a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router, i know how to get my paint back etc.. (also i have lost all the games provided with MS WIN XP)As i say i know how to get them back, but why has it done this?... I use Norton Internet Security, and im on WIN XP SP2 Any help would be greatly appriciated...
Thanks
Ade

Skills 18:03 04 Sep 2005

Have you made any changes to things recently?

Have you checked your system for viruses and spyware?

Ade_1 18:14 04 Sep 2005

yes, i have no viruses etc, i have tried installing it again using control panel and install/remove windows components, i have inserted my win xp sp2 CD but it wont accept it, can i re download it from the microsoft website?

Ade_1 18:20 04 Sep 2005

i cant install paint and the accessories for MS WIN XP SP2... can anyone help? i dont seem to be able to get them back!... Any Help would be greatly appriciated,

Skills 18:23 04 Sep 2005

You need to have a full XP disk is that what you've got? Or is it just a service pack 2 disk?

Ade_1 18:28 04 Sep 2005

its ok i solved the problem, the problem was that my stupid CD drive didnt read the disc properly so i had to venture into the files and then put my old windows xp home edition CD in and had to getfiles out of there, i ended up using my CD RW, i need to change the CD when i get the time lol, thanks for help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?