lost data/account when laptop fails

thefatbear 13:21 16 Oct 2018

I had a Dropbox account set up by my partner in 2011, a shared file was the only content. 7 yrs later I opened a dropbox account on same laptop, I didnt notice if this was a new account or the original which had the shared partner file in it, but I put a single XL file on it. I accessed the XL file monthly and updated content. The laptop ceased functioning. It put dropbox on android phone but could not see my file I have bought a new laptop, it hasnt got XL loaded and now I run Windows 10 as opposed to XP, down loaded dropbox which seems to arrive via google, (that seems different?) and I can see he old shared file from 2011 but not the XL file I am searching for. Have I possibly created two Dropbox accounts? How do I check? I cant even sign in as it seems auto pilot on google. please help ta Don

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?