Loss of sound & video

Field Division 14:26 29 Sep 2008

I have windows 2000 (desktop) and keep losing my sound and video freezes whenever I run videos in YouTube or Google video and other sites, I have installed Adobe flash player active X is up to date also drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled and up to date. Graphics are on board and its Soundmax intergrated, Spybot/Cleaner/adware hasn't picked up anything. The only thing that fixes the issue is a reboot.

Ashrich 23:00 29 Sep 2008

Have a look at your processor fan and heatsink , they may need cleaning or re-seating , as this sounds like a heat problem causing the lock-ups . Playing video uses a lot of processor cycles and thereby causes heat , rebooting lets the chip cool down again .

Ashley

Field Division 12:10 30 Sep 2008

Might be just these machines then because there are more than 10 of us here with same machines and all get the same issue

Ashrich 18:36 30 Sep 2008

Aaah , you never said that it was happening to many PC's , I'd better have another think , have you tried viewing in different browsers , Firefox , Opera etc. ?

Ashley

Field Division 10:46 01 Oct 2008

Yes sorry...Firefox 3 appears to be installed and again giving same issue, think I will bin them as they are getting a bit behind the times

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?