Loose cable in PC (won’t work)

Harveygore666 23:02 02 Apr 2018

I took apart my pc fully(don’t ask why) and when I put it all back together and tried to turn it on there was no power. Like at all. So I took it apart to find this loose cable but it does not stretch anywhere. Please help on what you think is the problem is or where this wire goes. Thanks.

Archie44 23:27 02 Apr 2018

you could start with telling us the make model and brand

Govan1x 23:44 02 Apr 2018

Make sure if you switched it off at the back of the computer that you have switched it back on again.

I know that nobody does that but there is always one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:13 03 Apr 2018

a picture of the loose cable may help

Harveygore666 23:11 03 Apr 2018

It was a custom made pc and It is a cable with 4 wires; two blacks a yellow and a red, it is also coming out of the cable plugged into my optical drive

beeuuem~2 23:52 03 Apr 2018

From your description is is a molex power cable with a loop through which would go to a second drive. This is not the reason your PC won't boot. Have you checked that power is getting into and out of the PSU and to the motherboard?

Harveygore666 14:38 04 Apr 2018

Only one light is on at the front of my computer, I think it is the HDD light I press the power button but nothing happens, all cables for the front panel are in correctly

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 04 Apr 2018

click here and follow the procedures on this site.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61